Monday, March 20, 2006

CATXPrience

This story dates back to a hot summer afternoon in 2003 . Me and my friends were getting back home after a usual guzzler .. . My bil was dropping us back home and suddenly he started asking abt our plans in life. well , i was about to say " guzzler's tomorrow" , and suddenly it hit me hard - > what the eff am i doing in life ? my bil started off sayin we should prep for CAT and its not that tough blah blah ! i have never heard anybody say that to me "cat is easy " ! I was like " i am not a cat material " will crack GRE and offfff to the USofA ! GRE happened , was decent enough , apping started - was going fine . suddenly "cat is easy" came to my ears again .
Thoroughly bored of the apping shit i decided not to apply to any univs and decided to take up CAT 2004 ! well ... decent enuf plan i thought ! Started off with the BRM shit , and things were pretty much simple . I was like " my bil was right - cat is simple" . Then came the first disaster in the form of IMS mock cats . Rank 5000 became a habit for me , aaahhhhh CAT isnt easy afterall ! managed to make a decent 95 percentile in cat 2004 ! depressing can i call it ? no not at all . I was too dumb to realize what i had missed.
"CAT is by far the toughest management entrace test in the world"--> my friend tells me this in one of the chai shops in chennai. I was like " why didnt u warn me earlier dude ?? " !!
Feeling thoroughly shitty abt myself , like any dumbass sitting in software parks in
bangalore , I decided to prepare for cat 2005 . I called it 'CAT with a vengeance' . But all
the vengeance dried off by the time CAT approached. so it was yet another "CAT" for me , but
a lil better than the previous one. managed to get a consolation call from IIM kozhikode.
More about the IIM K experience in the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home