Monday, May 29, 2006

Yet to be there n yet to do that

What high hopes i had while writing my previous post about the iim k experience. What a dream , a dream i would kill for. It was the 12th of april , my mom's b'day , the day iim final results were expected. I woke up quite late that day , checked the websites for final results. Almost all IIMs had the links activated except iim K. So i decided to get ready to go to office. I asked my mom whether she would like to go out for dinner. She said " U call me and tell me that u got thro iim k , u cant give me a better gift". That was the first time i was tensed about my results. As expected the results did come out in the afternoon but my name didnt figure even in the waitlist. I thought that my life ended there. What i went through was a depression which i never thought i would go thro in my life. A lot of things in my life were hitting the rock bottom at that point of time , and this was the last thing i had expected. My depression lasted for almost 15 days. But i realized that life has to move on, but still i couldnt believe that I was not going to do what i dreamt of. I so badly wanted a change in my life. Shifted my house to indiranagar ( the place closest to my heart ) , but it was not helping. The very thought of CAT 2006 was scary. I decided to take the easier but costlier route of writing GMAT and applying to ISB. Things were going smooth , I even started preparing for my GMAT. It was the 20th of may , i was checking my mails at home and my yahoo inbox read "1 bulk" . Normally i dont check my bulk mails more than once a week cos its mostly spam , and that too about things i least care about. The same thing happened on 21st of may too , and i didnt bother to check my bulk mail. On 22nd of may , reached office a little earlier than usual as i had to take a KT on defect prevention , a topic i hardly knew about. The topic was so boring that i decided to read that one mail in my bulk even if it is from those soosies and loosies about contraception. Not even in my wildest imaginations did i think that the one mail in my "bulk" is gonna change my life forever. Yes it was , it was indeed a mail from IIM K admissions office. I couldnt believe my eyes. My inertia was not letting me even get up from my seat. A feeling that cant be explained. I was not happy , I was not excited , I couldnt think about anything. It took me 3 minutes to find my mom's number from the address book , something i do in less than a second normally. My body temperature shot up , i felt pukish , felt dehydrated. After about 30 minutes i realized what had just happened. But amidst all this confusion was a sense of satisfaction. Until that moment i never thought that I was good enough to be a part of the IIM fraternity. Now its up to me to make the next 2 years count. Its an opportunity of a lifetime. So right now "I am yet to be there n yet to do that".

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sai, awesome da! congrats!
IIM...man you have achieved something great.. success is sweet, but the path you had to take, you never cease to inspire me. btw belated birthday wishes to aunty! did you take her for dinner?

-vijay

10:00 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hmm..So much jus before u got in!! :)..Welcome to IIMK..next two year will even be more excitin!

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well deserved admit no doubt...but "15 days depression, pukish, giddy" ellam namakku tally aagadha matter a iruke da;-))...gappu nu quarter adichu padutha, all clear;-))...jk...treat pathi seekram sollu!!!

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home